How do you keep motivated as a SAHM?

I find myself watching way to much TV.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Just as long as house chores and hubby are happy than I wouldnt really worry about it
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Read, read, read--tv is a WASTE of time. I read so many good books from parenting, history, financial, kids books so I knew what they were reading and could discuss it, relationships, education, military, classics, fitness, health and so many more:-) Don't waste your brain power on asinine programming. Educate yourself so you will be a better mom by being able to challenge your kids to think as they grow up. There is a difference between being schooled and being educated--most educated people are life long readers--you DO set the example for your kids. I just finished a book called The Unforgiving Minute, by a former Army officer. He mentioned how valuable his love of reading (from a child) had been as he went through life---Leaders are Readers:-) Turn of the tube and turn on your brain!!!!

Anonymous

• I got a job. I work two days a week, on those two days the house gets a little messy, so then I spend the other days working twice as hard on the house! It made me happier in the home to have a life outside the home. : )
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• make reasonable doable lists. I try not to do everything all in one day. I get overwhelmed if I do that and the get nothing done. Rule of thumb....if you watch tv, make sure youre folding laundry at the same time....LOL....Beverly hills 90210 has to be matched with laundry.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• When I am frustrated and ready to run out of the house screaming for my Calgon moment, (remember Calgon girls?) I remember all the moms who are rushing to do all that I have to do at home, minus homeschool, and then rush to their jobs and deal with other people's crap too.
    I've been there, and honestly don't know if I could put up with a boss again.
    I know alot of them would love to trade places with me and that thought makes me remember how fortunate I am to be a SAHM.
    promom

Answer by promom at 2:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Exersize does it for me. That and staying out of the house. When your not in it, kiddo can't mess it up.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My motivation is my husband. He works so hard and he deserves to come home to a nice, clean, comfortable, calm home. And I need to teach our daughter responsibility. I make a list and I stick to a schedule
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 12:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I have the same problem. I try to focus on the common areas like kitchen, bathrooms and living room. Getting my husband and son to help is a losing battle. They leave a trail of dishes, food wrappers and clothes around the house. Makes me want to hide in my room with the tv too.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 1:36 AM on Mar. 21, 2009