Are there any good art projects for a 1 year old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Finger painting with non-toxic paints :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• you can also fingerpaint with pudding. It's extremely messy. Everyone will need a bath, but it's fun and they get a treat they don't normally get.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My daughter's Year One Fave Art Project--Impromptu Jell-O Floor Sculpture.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I love doing art projects with my daughter, GO TO THE DOLLAR TREE, or deals or whatever and look for little foam stickers, They love these , grab some construction paper, or printer paper, finger paints, color wonder markers and paper, tadoodles beginner crayons and markers , Layout plenty of paper to protect important hard to clean surfaces and the both of you sit down and go at it, If they seem uninterested, you start doing it , they should mauk you, if they still don't get it , sit them in your lap and Place the marker (crayon,etc) in there hand and you guide there hand on the paper, getting excited when it makes a mark and showing praise for how beautiful of a job they did...Dont forget to display them where they can see how proud you are.
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• The is a recipe for edible play dough. I don't have the website, but you an google it. It's a lot of fun and if she happens to eat it its ok. My 2 YO still plays with it when I make it for her.

Finger paints (non toxic of course) are always fun.

Sidewalk chalk

Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 2:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• You can look for the recipe for edible peanut butter and chocolate playdough. My 1 & 2 yr olds love it!
    mumummum

Answer by mumummum at 3:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2009