Have you ever found something?

Are you a "finders keepers" or "I would cross a mountain to find the owner"

NewYorkCafemom

Asked by NewYorkCafemom at 1:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would find the owner or do my best to.My family tells me I am to honest,but I would hope if I lost anything someone would do the same.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• If it is something valuable I'd try to find the owner.

Answer by Bmat at 1:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Depends on what the something is. If it is pretty valuable, or seems like it would have sentimental value, then I would try to find the owner.

But I have a rule...if it is at my house for 30 days and no one claims it, then its mine.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• im a finders keepers kinda girl
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• When I was in college I found a wallet with $12. Besides the money the wallet was empty I swear so for me is finder's keepers
    Anonymous

• Don't know... nothing like that has ever happend to me.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• that wallet probably belonged to some 8 year old boy. shame on you.
    Anonymous

• I once found a $100 bill on the floor of Fred Meyer (Like a Super K-Mart). I took it to the lost and found and after a few weeks, no one claimed it, so I got to keep it.

There's lots of low income families and the elderly where I am, so I knew it might be all they had for the week!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My brother found a wallet with hundreds of dollars in it. He brought into the grocery store office and lo and behold a little old lady crying had just lost it.He refused a reward and she told hime may you always be rich in life. Yeah, he became a millionaire, so I guess the little old lady was right.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• lol to the one above, I found 378.00 blowing around in a parking lot for a store I worked in, I was on break, I stuck the money in my apron and sat on the sidewalk, at that time I smoked, So i finished my cigarette, then lit another one, contemplating what I should do, I was always broke, never had any money for anything, struggling to pay my bills, However the thought never turned to should i keep it, it was who to turn it into , who to tell.. I know if i took it to my boss he would pocket it, I knew that cuz someone found 10 dollars and he got all excited and kept it. So i decided since I was acting manager, and operating the only open register as well as photo lab, I would hang on to it, and when someone said something about losing money i would give it too them, Well about an hour later, the 80 year old pharamacy delivery guy from the back who I loved walked up and asked if anyone had turned in money,
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2009