Has anyone here ever renewed their vows?

If so ...how do I go about it and what are the requirements to make this happen.

we went to the court house and that was it now I would like to do something simple.

Any ideas?

10 years anniversary.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• My sister in law and hubby renewed their vows on a cruise ship.

I don't understand the need for it. Unless there was some cheating, the vows are everlasting...aren't they?

I've discovered most men aren't interested in this stuff, but go along with it to keep their wives happy.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• We are going to renew ours next year on the beach in Hawaii, my husband is very excited about it!! timelessglass maybe some people either did not get to have a big wedding and they want to now or they see is as a great way to celebrate the love they have for each other!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• . You could just make it an anniversary party where the main feature is the vow renewal.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I agree with admckenzie and lapcounter. We had a 4 min 'wedding' at the courthouse, and plan on having a big fiesta some day...maybe for our 10 yr anniversary. Yeah vows are supposed to last a lifetime, but to be able to share that special day with friends and family there is priceless too. Especially if you werent able to the first time.
    There are plenty of persons that offer a vowel renewal service. check into pastor's, ministers, justice of the peace in your area. Google vowel renewal and your city maybe something will come up. I know they charge a fee for having to go to where you are having it, and it may change with certain circumstances. I wish you luck!
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2009