TTC questions...

Doc is putting me on clomid next month. Don't know a whole lot about it, just that it's used to help get pregnant. I know that I ovulate, so why would they give me it? To go along with clomis wee are going to start IUI's. Maybe it has something to do with that. I asked the doc for more info. but she says she has nothing that isn't for physician use only. Any body ahve any answers? Please no bashing this is obviously something new for us. Bashers will be reported.

anorman08

Asked by anorman08 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You can do IUI without any ovulation medications, but it's more common to do it with meds. If you look up statistics, medicated IUIs have a higher sucess rate. The meds may help with the timing of the IUI, and they may also smooth out any kinks in your cycle (even if you ovulate on your own, your cycle can still be a little off track). Good luck.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• it helps u release 2 eggs instead of one
    Anonymous

• You may or may not release more than one egg with Clomid. It only slightly increases your odds of having multiples.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2009