Flying with a 2 year old

I'm flying with my 2 year old soon and don't want to take her car seat out of our car. We won't need to bring it for where we are going because we already have one there. Has anyone flown with a 2 year old in the seat without a carseat? (I know the car seat is the safest way but it's not an option)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Travel

• I have NEVER taken a carseat on the plane. Majority of my flights are done alone with my toddler, and I just can't carry everything. She has done just fine buckled into the regular seat. Once we're up in the air she either sits in my lap or lays down on her seat with her head in my lap. We've flown 4 times since she turned 2.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• really its not too bad. If they have their own seat, they just get buckled in like a regular person. My oldest daughter flew with me from NC to Tx at the age of 1. She did perfectly fine. Although she sat in my lap. I have seen countless younger kids fly without car seats
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I have never taken a car seat on a plane. My daughters first flight was at the age of 6 months. We just held her until she was two and then they need there own seats. Your child will be fine. Just remember to bring something to entertain them!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 2:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2009