giving 1 year old milk

We went to the DR for my dd's 1 year check up. He said we could start giving her milk now. Ive tried giving it to her but shes so use to formula that she doesnt like the milk and wont drink it. Is there any ways to get her use to drinking milk? I've tried putting milk in cheerios and she likes that, any other suggestions?
Also, do you give ur todler milk or the go and grow powder made by simliac, ect.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Our pediatricians said to mix it with formula...ya know wean her off of it. Start off with 1/4th of the sippy/bottle with milk. then the next week put half milk half formula. All three of my kids went on whole milk within 1-2 months after we started mixing it. We never used the step up formulas.
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My daughter was off formula by one, I had slowly alternated, between milk in a sippy cup and the formula in the bottle, As i introduced the cup to take her off the bottle, This way she only got the sippy cup with milk in it... does this make sense. Try different styles of milk, whole milk and skim, My daughter was lactose intolerant as an infant so we had to start off with fat free milk (skim) because formula has a sweet water downed taste you might try skim, or adding a little bit of splenda to it, just don't make it a habit. And also Dont give in with the formula after only a couple tries, If she wont take, try waiting a week and try again, there taste buds are becoming more pronounced everyday and things they don' t like today they may like tomorrow and so
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I'm assuming she is off of the bottle? She may not like the taste, so now is a great time to try her on Almond Breeze, I'm not a fan of cows milk. They make chocolate Almond Breeze that is fantastic, kids can't tell the difference in choco cows milk or Amond Breeze choco! She can get her calcium from other sources besides milk!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 3:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• mix it half and half ...before you go full on milk
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2009