I need some advice..............

So about a month ago we got a really big snow storm and my SO couldn't make it home from work and he got a hotel room. He called me and told me that he was gonna go see a movie to pass the time but wanted to know if he could go with a mutual friend, who is a girl. I said ok cuz I trust him. Well he ended up seeing the movie and going to dinner with the girl. They went to Denny's and he said it wasn't a big deal, but to me it was and we had a big fight, and I even had an argument with the girl. The girl is a HUGE slut but she said she just likes my SO as a friend. Things have settled down, the girl and I aren't friends but she still is friends with my man. Should I be worried that something is going on, or maybe that since he did this that he will eventually cheat on me? My mom thinks so and now she has me really worried.

wendydeb7

Asked by wendydeb7 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd watch for signs and if it bothers you that much, voice your concerns to your SO. Best wishes.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• What are signs that he might be?
    wendydeb7

Answer by wendydeb7 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• ya watch for signs and you can tell. then if you think he is cheating approach her.its butt kicking time.
    Anonymous

• I think you might drive yourself crazy on the "what if" If he gives you a reason to think he is cheating. Then ask him about it and look into it. Until then I wouldn't make myself mad about it. I don't think it is a good idea for a married man or woman to be friends with the other sex. Bad bad idea! Stick with same sex friendships.
    moodish

Answer by moodish at 2:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I am a firm believer of keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer. My dh had alot of female friends when we got together, and as time went by if they dcouldnt also be friends with me I started to put my foot down about the time he spent with them. Even if I didnt like them, I was still very friendly cause I trusted it mor ethat way. I trust my husband and all, but some of these girls were just plain slutty, and after a while he started to agree. And started dropping th ones that I felt were ridiculous without me having to say anything about it, and he still has some of the nicer ones today. I would see what you can do to make firends with this girl again as long as she and your husband are close, you know what I mean?
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• No. If he were going to cheat with her he wouldn't have asked permission to go hang with her. They were probably just hungry and changed the original plans or waiting for the movie to start. Don't make it more than it is and tell mom to stayout of it

Answer by admckenzie at 2:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Well. your in a relationship. Both of you have to come to some kind of agreement on boundries. Comon respect for each other too. It wouldnt be something worht doing if my husband wasnt okay witht it, and vise verse...talk abotu it with him and let him know..Dont demand, just reson. If you two cant set a boundry as far as resepct and being conciderate with each other, trust will be hard to keep in the relationship. You did give him the okay to go...try making your boudires clear and being firm on them...you two should have a good talk about it...good luck ..wish you well.
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• IMO, since he was up front and asked you for permission to go see the movie with her, then I highly doubt hes cheating. And IMO you DID overact to the dinner....it was Denny's for crying out loud!!! How romantic is a Denny's? If it was an expensive resturant or if they went back to the hotel room together and got room service, then I'd be pissed/suspicious...but Denny's? And as a former "slut" (I hate that word! Its over used in my book) I had many guy friends that I certainly didn't sleep with (or even want too!). Believe it or not, just b/c a woman has a "lot" of sexual partners does not mean she will be all over every man she meets. I truely believe your hubby loves you and is not cheating and maybe...just maybe...that girl deserves an apology for your argument cause she was your friend too. I would apologize to hubby too and admit that it was a mistake to get so riled up and see if you can't all put this behind you.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• if you know your man dont worry but always keep in mind have a savings account with just your name on it just in case you have to start all over again just you and the kids i have been with my husband for 11 years and for 11 years i have saved money just in case dont get me wrong i love him with all my heart and i trust him no matter who he is around but that is why the envented the words oops! i am sorry and it was a mistake! and i buddy it is your lose and i can do better by myself or with someone else!
    sweetangles

Answer by sweetangles at 6:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2009