is there any tricks to help my 3 month old sleep through the night she is always so sleep during the day

angelmommy83338

Asked by angelmommy83338 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She probably doesn't have a big enough stomach to sleep through the night yet. Until she can eat enough to make it through, she will wake up hungry. My son didn't sleep six hours straight until he was four months.

But you can try a white noise maker in the room. A simple space heater set on air only will work, or you can buy special sound makers that have white noise as one of the choices.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I say try not to let her sleep much during the day. I know it's hard and it sounds mean. But that's what I did with my daughter, she's began sleeping through the night since she was 3 wks old. I was also cheating and would give her a bottle of formula at night, since I was breastfeeding her then. I would also give her a bath at 9pm everynight and still do and put her to bed.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 2:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• They are not supposed to sleep through the night at that age. They have to wake up and eat. Try napping when she naps. Or having your Dh get up with the baby on his day off so you can sleep in a little.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Babys can too sleep thru the nite at any age.. Keep her up alot during the day .. get up around 7 or 8 with her and take her a bath feed her play with her and let her take a nap and get her up again for her feedings all of them dont miss those feedings during the day and do whatever u can to keep her up and then put her to bed around 10 or 11 watever ur bed time usually is n she will slowly wean into that routine and will sleep all nite for u ... it could take a week or so but she will start to sleep . my 2 month old sleeps all nite . but they dont make their own schedual . u do ...
    MizzMarla

Answer by MizzMarla at 9:55 PM on Mar. 20, 2009