Bare Minerals

How much does it cost? And is it really worth it?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You can get it on QVC.com. I have been using it for about 10 years. It helped my skin to clear up. I used to use Prescriptives (recommended by my dermatologist) until I found B.M. I like it because you don't feel anything on your skin and it doesn't start to itch. What I don't like is the sheen. You'll need their mineral veil to tone that down.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I think it works great! I love it! I get it at Ulta and it is about $20 a jar, but it lasts a long time.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 2:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I use it in the summertime and like it a lot! its a lot better than putting foundation on in the summertime. Its kinda expensive i think i paid like 60 bucks for a set of like 5 differnt things. When you first put it on you cant really tell a difference but once you have it on for about a 1/2 hour you can tell the difference. Maybe go to a local store that sells it and have then try some on you before you buy it to see if you like it. Sephora sells it, if you have one in your area.
    Anonymous

• I used it there for awhile and really liked it and it was way cheaper then my lancome foundation, but what I did not like about it was how much of it i had to use to get the look i wanted. Another thing I did not like about it was how messy it was. It is such a light powder that when you swirl your brush around it gets all over the place and I know its not just me it happens to my mom to who uses it. But over all its really nice to wear.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I've used it. . . and found that many of the mineral foundations that are less expensive are just as good. Really. What's the real deal is the brushes, tho, so buy the starter pac to get the brushes and the video to learn how to properly apply it, and then just get the mineral power from Maybelline for your refills.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• it's 50-60 bucks for a starter kit.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Avon has great mineral makeup (foundations, eyeshadows, blush etc) and my customers have told me that they're just as happy spending $10 on the Avon Smooth Minerals Makeup than they were spending at least twice that. I use the whole series often and love them! You should try them out first. You can get them at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping, also they are buy 1 get one half off right now too!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:37 AM on Mar. 21, 2009