HELP! my son will only drink milk!

My 2 yr old is going through a wierd jag.. he will only drink milk .. i try giving him juce or water and he throws it.. is there such a thing as too much milk? also it wouldnt be too bad if his milk wasnt 9 dollars a gallon (lacotse free milk) any suggestions to get him to drink other stuff.. or should i just let him have only milk?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son went threw the same thing when he was around that age. All I did was just give him water or juice and if he threw a tantrum about it I just let him do it. I figured if he is really that thirsty he will drink the water. He eventually got over it after a few weeks, now he is only allowed 2 glasses of milk a day (for breakfast and lunch) and 1 glass of juice (for dinner) and he gets water any time between that.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I would let him have the milk, but don't fill the cup just give a little at a time. I don't think there is such thing as toomuch milk..unless it is whole milk and calories are a problem.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Too much can cause constipation and iron deficency. Limit him to no more than 24 ounces a day. Try watering it down a little - then he can have more "milk" and you know he's getting the right amount with some water too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i know my kids if they have to much then they will get daihrreah. But I am not sure about the lactose free stuff. I would still limit it though, just cause he gets madd doesnt mean you give in to him.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2009