Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help NOW

okay we have lived in our home for over a year (renting of course) we pay our rent on time everymonth we have done repairs that the landlords should have done. and we have kept the place up. now i get a registered letter today from the landlord tellin me we have to move by the 30th of april because they are in a legal dispute with the other owner of the house an owner we didnt even know existed.
is this possible can they do this? i mean we have done nothing to break the lease at all and now we are being booted for a legal dispute over an owner we didnt know about all this time anyone with any advice? please

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (11)
  • call a lawyer and ask them i dont think they can do that oh and


    Answer by wendy232425 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • I would read the lease. I would think they would have to letyou stay til the end of the lease, but I don't know. it should say in your lease.

    Answer by ria7 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • lol thats funny sorry if i dont feel like laughing. i am tryin to get ahold of the land lords and every number i have for them is no longer any good.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • well that is another problem when we signed the lease over a year ago they said they would send us a copy and never did. we tried to contact thme with no luck

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • damn sounds fishy to me like i said call a lawyer

    Answer by wendy232425 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • Sounds incredibly a lawyer...

    Answer by mere417 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • Take em to court.
    They never told you about the other owner, they didn't not do the up keep.
    Legally I'm sure they have to find you a new place to live and pay back what you paid for in up keep on THEIR house.

    Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • go your local Auditor site and put your address in it will show you who the owner of the house is and take it from they're


    Answer by tlc-mom at 2:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • call the laywer that the best way cause all states have different rulesgggggggxxxxxxxxxxaaaaaaqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • Check with the laws in your state, but I believe that once your lease has ended then you become a month-to-month tenant which means they only have to give you 30 days notice to quit the premises.

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.