my 21 month old daughter

my daughter is 30 inches tall. is that normal? im short, im gonna be 22 soon and im only 5 feet tall.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yeah it's normal. My daughter is only 6 1/2 months old and she is 28" tall already.
    foreveryours66

Answer by foreveryours66 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• 30 inches at 21 months is off the bottom of the chart. As long as she is growing at a steady rate, that's "normal" though she may end up short like you. If you are concerned, talk to her doctor at her 24 month check up.
    http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• thanks im a first time mom and i didnt know if it was normal or if i should be worried. so thank you
    Anonymous

• Look at the women in your family. If they are petite then she will most likely be petite also. I hav ethe same problem. As long as she is healthy and developing then I wouldn't worry. My 2 yr old is the size of a 1 yr old and my 1 yr old is the same size but shorter. Genetics play a big part in it. She will be fine as long as she is healthy.
    mumummum

Answer by mumummum at 3:18 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• my boys are short and skinny they are 20 months they are 21 22 inches.... and they were 21 22 lbs. the doc said it is fine as long as they are eatting and growing also put them on pedisure. which is helping them gain weight and they are getting a lil taller.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• hmm...someone else told me the pediasure too, ill get some tonight . . and yeah shes growing and shes very very smart. shes says full sentences, speaks pretty clearly, knows some colors, if i tell her to show me her eyes nose cheeks tounge teeth lips ears hair and all that she knows where all that is. shes very smart. so...but i just wanted a little reassurance. thank you all very much i feel much better now lol.
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure I understand the concern here. Your almost 2 year old is 30 inches tall. So she's tall for a 2 year old. I really don't understand why this is a concern?

My 28 month old is about 34 inches...but he's a boy.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• DD is 31 inches and only 16 months.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 11:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2009