Will olive oil effect hair dye or bleach?

Like, if you put olive oil on your hair (just a tiny bit) to moisturize your hair and scalp because you're going to dye or bleach it, should you shampoo it out first, or can you go ahead and dye or bleach it when you still have oil in your hair? Probably a really stupid question, I know lol, I was just wondering about it because someone told me I should use that before coloring or bleaching my hair lol.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• it might act as a barrier to the product you're applying, and thus, product doesn't perform as well. perhaps she meant to use it as a hot oil treatment...couple times before you color your hair..on a different day, when there isn't olive oil present.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• You won't get even color if there is too much oil residue in your hair.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 12:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• There isn't much there, and she said to put it on right before bleaching, but I haven' t because I thought that sounded odd lol. But I just basically brushed a tiny bit through my hair. Enough so that it looks like I have a tiny bit too much product in my hair, but it isn't really noticeable. But yea, I'm going to just wait a while because I thought that sounded really weird and like it would be a bad idea.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:05 AM on Mar. 21, 2009