• In the Spotlight:

going to the beach with a baby

When you go to the beach with your little one, how do u carry them down to the beach through the sand? You don't want them walking on the hot sand, and you already have a million things to carry and the stroller through the sand just doesnt work, how do you get your baby through the sand the easiest way? is there something you can pull along behind you? Theres gotta be an easier way!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• with those ittle boat shoes they can go in the water too, lots easier
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i just put shoes on my little on and let her walk....maybe try like a sled i know it sounds weird but that seems like it might glide across the sand pretty good, just one of those round plastic ones with the rope in them so you can pull it. . . i dont know.
    Anonymous

• Mine walks on the beach, the sand is usually not that hot. And I don't take the stroller, no way! It's kinda tough by yourself, but I just shoulder a big beach bag with everything we'll need for the next hour and a half, put the girl on the hip, and go!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 2:56 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• OH NO They forgot to give you your extra arms when you had your baby?! I never took the stroller and used a big bag.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I have a radioflyer wagon with seats in it, both kids and the beach bag go in it and I pull it. The wheels make it easier since they are big and I don't have to chase one child while trying to carry the other one
    Anonymous

• Depending on their age they just walked (with shoes/sandals on) or sat in the stroller and we pulled it through the sand. I saw many people using wagons.

Last time we went to the beach it was really hot even though it was the middle of August. Luckily the beach we went to was small and we parked feet from the sand and just walked over to where we wanted to sit. It was too cold to swim so the kids just played in the sand while the baby (who was 4 months old) just laid on the blanket and watched. Good times.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My oldest walked in the sand last time we went and he was just a little over a year old. He had shoes on so he was fine. We also NEVER took a stroller out on the sand. Never saw the reason. We would leave the hotel room with towels, sunscreen, shoes, and a diaper bag with extras in case we needed them and just walk out to the water. When we were done we would either walk the Boardwalk or just go back inside to change. This year we will have a 4 month old and a nearly 3 year old that we will be taking so our oldest will be walking and we will carry the baby.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:52 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I found using a wagon (one of the plastic ones with big, fat wheels) was soooo much easier. And there's usually extra room for some of the junk you have to haul down to the beach.
    teenie2g1b

Answer by teenie2g1b at 8:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2009