how to encourage my 11 month to walk

msjada2582

Asked by msjada2582 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is there a reason you want your child to walk early? I heard that most kids start walking between 10 and 18 months. Also the longer your kid crawls the better hand eye coordination he/she will have.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Your child will walk when he/she is ready. My boys didn't walk til they were 14-15 months. Also if they walk to early or you force it apond them they can have complacations with there legs like bow legged. so take it all to heart when you think about trying to make them walk early.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Babies walk when they are good and ready. My son walked at 11 months even though he didn't crawl until 10months (and no worries, his hand/eye coordination is stellar!) I wish he'd waited longer to walk because there's no going back after that happens! Just make sure your baby gets plenty of play time on the floor and they will walk when they are ready.
    2cubs

Answer by 2cubs at 4:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2009