• In the Spotlight:

How can I get my 6 month old to nurse?

I had intended on EBF,but she got placed in foster care at 6 1/2 wks old.Over trivial charges that I wont go into now.We have seen my children once a week since.She wound up eating from a bottle(FF).I now have my children F

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call a lactation consultant in your area or where you delivered, most will help over the phone for free, if it is a community non for profit hospital.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Has she been getting your milk all along? You may have to pump and give it to her since she is used to the bottle. You can just try to nurse her. Sorry you have been thru so much, good luck and God bless.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• yes she has been receiving my milk all along,but I can only pump maybe a 45 oz a wk.No where near enough to live on while she is seperated from me.My question was " How can I get my 6 month ol to nurse? I have her for 4 days 3 night visit.
    Anonymous