Does anyone else have a friend who doesnt like kids and NEVER wants one of her own?

My best friend is like this. She is not mean about it. But she would just rather not be around them. She doesnt have the patience. She would much perfer to sit and read a gigantic book.

I am sure she will NEVER have her own children. I think its kinda sad. I asked her one time what she was going to do when her parents were gone and she had no one left to visit on Christmas or Thanksgiving. She said she would just curl up with a nice book. lol

I know each person is different and I love my friend a lot, but I cant imagine life without little ones to run around.

How do you feel about people like this?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 3:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• My sister... she is 40 loves children, but only if they are someone elses and several yrs ago had a tubal done bc she had been bc since 15... no kids for her then, now or ever and that is how she likes it...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• its their choice i guess in the end. i have a friend thats like that shes now in her late 30s and still wants no kids and cant really stand to be around them. Shes like your friend nice about it but would prefer not to be around. It makes me alittle sad to think she will some day grow old and wont have any kids to be visiting her. My grandmother is friends with a lady who never had kids of her own not by choice she just couldnt have any. Shes really taken to my son ever since he was born he even calls her his other grandma lol. She seems happy enough she has lots of friends who all have kids and she just spoils them she comes to our house for holidays and what not. Her husband past away 8 years ago now.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I have a cousin like this actually. She doesn't want kids of her own but she likes kids. lol she said everyone else in the family can have kids for me.
    Anonymous

• I was that person.
    I'd go to Wal Mart & cringe when I heard a baby cry & mutter "Thats why I'm never having kids" :)
    I just felt like there was no way I'd be good with children.
    But alas now I'm a mom & wouldn't change it for the world.
    But in the end it's HER decision.. There is NOTHING wrong with not wanting kids. Who knows it might change in the future anyways. It did for me :)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My childhood friend is that exact person. I felt the same way but now that it's been several years, I see that it was really the right decision for HER. Now I agree that her not having kids was good, she wouldn't have had the patience or interest. She lives a very active life and is happily married so I guess, who cares? Her sister and brother have kids so she'll visit her large family down the road.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I have a friend who she and her husband never want children. She admits that she does not want kids because she likes her sleep and likes going out at night. I am glad that they know this about themselves now and didn't have to have a kid to figure it out. Much better in the long run for everyone that would be involved.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My friend is like that too. She enjoys certain children and is always wanting to see mine, but no intrest in raising them. I wanted to have to children so bad that I don't understand that mentality and I feel sorry for those women (even though they might be perfectly happy, I just can't help it!)
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 5:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• IMO some people are capable of being fulfilled w/o kids and those of us who can't be; don't understand it. I'm sure she is a very happy w/her decision and many people who don't have children still have friends or other relatives to spend special time with. Maybe she will find a partner who also doesn't want kids and they can be there for each other.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I have numerous friends who have chosen to not have children. I do not see anything wrong with it.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I had two friends like that. The first moved away when i was 21 to work in America and i've heard of her once since and all she said was that she has a nice fiance and was going to call for me to come over when she gets married which was 5 years ago. And another i am still in contact with she has concentrated her life on work she is now a 29 year old just finishing law school after studying to be a lawyer. The thing is when she was 15 she miscarried and ever since she has had no interest in having children.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 6:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2009