I'm reasking this quetion cause to many people got off subject and I didn't really get amswers to the question itself. It's a 3 parter so please give me time to post all before answering and read carefully. thnx

I have had 2 run ins with overly power hungry cops, and now my husband had one. Unfortunity his was worse. A couple of weeks ago cops came to my house on a welfare check to keep the peace. I live next door to my mom, and her and my husband got into a fight he was drunk. Mean while I started contracting. My husband and I went inside and my mom called the cops so as not to cause another fight to have them came check if I needed to go to the hospital. When they showed up I was walking out to let her know my water broke it's time to go. The officers said they needed to speak with us first I said fine, but my water just broke so please hurry. They said five minutes. The one bigger cop went and talked to my husband, the shorter one talked to me. He told me I can't smoke while he is here cause I'm pregnant I said ok. Then he started telling my mom I can't believe you let her smoke. My mom said I did with both my pregnancies

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• First of all .........my4lads......... I think its incredibly rude for you to make remarks about how "easy" it is to work in the medical field....Say that to all the health care workers that take care of you when you are sick, or your children, or your loved ones....maybe then you'll change your attitude!!!!

And some of us who work in the medical field don't like to reveal what we do for a few reasons...

That being said I will let you know that I posted on this issue a while ago and for your information I have my LVN (currently working on my RN) and an Associates degree in medicine which I think is less than "easy" to accomplish....

Oh and in case you are wondering...some of us nurses score very high on the MCAT but chose nursing b/c of personal preferences...

Think before you make ignorant and hateful remarks!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Then he told my mom and I she can't take me to the hospital. WTF. So he made us call for another ride we called my grandma he asked to speak with her so we let him then he commented to her about my smoking she also informed him she smoked during all her pregnancies. Then he went over to my husband called him white trash and informed him what a horrible father he was for letting me smoke pregnant. My husband asked him to get out of his face The cop would not and said I can't do that. They exchanged more words and My husband said If you want to talk shit take off your badge and we'll settle this in the dirt like they do in the military. The cop asked if it was a treat my husband said no I wouldn't hit a cop. The cop said on the ground. So my husband started getting down and was on one knee. The cop than charged at him knocking him into my TV stand, dragged him around the corner to the kitchen.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• So what is your question?????
    Lay it out because all I am getting from this story is YOU SHOULD NOT SMOKE WHILE PREGGERS!!!!
    Anonymous

• He overstepped his bounds. He should keep his opinion to himself-and definitely can't keep you from smoking in front of him-smoking isn't illegal!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• We didn't get off topic. You didn't wnt to hear the fact that we all thought you were trash, your whole family situation is trashy, you weren't telling us he whole story, we did not agree with your interpretation of big mean cops, we did not believe your water broke and you were denied medical care.

What exactly do you want us to do? Agree with your story? We weren't there. We don't really care.
    Anonymous

• OOPs! Sorry-I'll wait longer for your posts.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Started punching him in the face repeatedly, slamming him into the wall, and tazing him. The whole time my husband was protecting his face. They then said stop resisting my husband said I'm not trying to resist take me. They cuffed him brought him outside. He then ask am I under arrest they said no they were detaining him for 24hrs. He is now being charged with class6 felony resisting arrest and misdemeanor threatening and intimidation. The whole time they wouldn't let me go to the hospital and wouldn't let me take my kids out of the home to safety. Do you believe this was ok behavoir on the cops part? Key notes my children were sleeping and walk out and saw this. The cop wouldn't let us get them. They were not called for thearguement. They wouldn't let ma leave for the hospital until they were done.

hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• 1st anon there was a 3rd part 2nd anon you did get off post it has nothing to do with if I smoke or my hubby drinks and that's where you were all taking.it. I don't care if you agree. But you don't have to be rude and in the other post you sound more like trash then I.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Hmm seems to me the first time you told this is wasn't quite as exagerrated lol.You were calling them for police "brutality" because the one said something about you smoking while pregnant.

Anonymous

• i would go to the police station and make an report did you get their names? that will help to no cop should do that to anyone and anon4:00 how do you know she is trash? for all we know you could be trash
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 20, 2009