HELP! pt. 2

Ok I have the 7 month old waking a lot at night to eat. Every two hours and 8 oz bottles each time. After reading what was said I decided I would answer some of the question to try to get more help. I have talked to his pedi and they say it's a growth spurt and should go away soon. Thats fine. I dont mind the sleep loss on me but it's getting to him to. That is were the problem is for me. He is over tired and wont sleep during the day or night. Last night went better only 3 bottle's but still he eats at least 4 8oz bottles a day and then babyfood and cereal. I'm going to cut the last bowl of cereal and see what that does tonight. Yes he has a "binky" That doesnt help he continues to screem.My biggest fear is there is something going on and the pedi just isnt catching it. He's had surgery already and it took WAY to long to get that problem fixed because his then pedi didnt check for the right things when I took him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried more formula? Maybe what you're giving him isn't enough, especially if he's going through a spurt. I wasn't giving my son enough formula, and he did the same thing. I ended up having to give him 12 oz at a time, on top of his "meals" of cereal/rice or whatever it had been that day. Maybe his tummy is bothering him, and not necisarily(sp?) gas, but maybe even heart burn or something of that nature. Try "Little Tummys" you can get it at your grocery store or walmart, not too expensive. They make all different types of it and brands of it. I used the Little Tummys kind and a Winnie the Pooh kind, they worked miracles. Hope this helps.

If nothings working, maybe even take him to the ER. If you have insurance it should cover it, so that the money thing wouldn't be a problem. If your pedi isn't doing his job, maybe look for a new one, and see how that goes. GoodLuck
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I know it's not the best answer but I'd get a second opinion from a different pedi! see what he says. tell him about his surgery and everything. good luck
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 4:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Are you feeding him his baby food and cereal in "meals"? My dr. told me to feed DD like she was having three meals with the cereal/ babyfood... just like if you were eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner and to supplement with formula.... I am not sure if how i typed it makes sense...
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 4:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i would see a different pedi for another opinion!
    hope all goes well!
    Anonymous