Can I get a tooth pulled while pregnant?

Have you gotten a tooth pulled while pregnant? My doctors office isnt open until Monday :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no i had to wait
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I got a root canal done when I was about 9 wks or so. Just make sure they know that you are pregnant, as there is a different numbing shot they'd have to give you. It may also depend on the dentist. Good Luck!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I got a molar pulled the first or second week of my second trimester. My doctor said it was fine because the numbing stuff they use only affects the area it is administered to, and does not go throughout your body.
    Good luck!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 5:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I just had a tooth pulled only cause I really needed it to be. I was 22weeks pregnant then, I'm about 24weeks now, and I'm fine. I just had my obgyn fax papers to my dentist of what I could and couldn't have done or else they wouldn;t see me.
    Anonymous