i'm sick of being so pale that i look blue..i want to be tan! is there a safe way to do this?

Asked by esc07 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I use the Mary Kay Subtle Tanning Lotion. It builds you up to a beautiful, natural tan in about 7 days and then after that you only need to reapply it every 2-3 days. It works for every skin tone, is safe, hydrating, and you can use lotion after it and it doesn't get diluted, and if you use the Mary Kay TimeWise Cellu-shape Contouring System, you can still use that before the tanning lotion without it diluting it. If you have any questions, let me know, I'm happy to help!

Here's the link to it: Mary Kay Subtle Tanning Lotion

(Shipping is free.)

Answer by retz at 9:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Try doing the spray tan, but be sure to ask if they use the chemical or the one that is made sugar cane. The spray tan that they make from sugar cane derivative works very well and does not give you that orange look. I used it for my sister wedding last summer when she decided that I was going to wear a bright yellow dress. I also have pasty white skin and after having the spay tan I fell in love with it. good luck

Answer by shoegal at 10:03 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• you actually can go to tanning bed - tell them you are pregnant - they will make sure you are not in there so long that you over heat

Answer by vakatia at 1:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• even if u tell them you are pregnant.. its not a great idea because of the uv waves heat etc. try a spray tan.. ask about chemicals first.. another option... there is this lotion at victorias secret that slowly tans you... i mean slowly like u have to use it a few days in a row and stuff it doesnt change your color right on the first use.. but it works good and it smells amazing :)

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2008