Mamas that poof up or hawk their baby boys hair - what do you use to make it stay?

I was always afraid to put anything in it so I'd use water... but I want it to stay good for his easter pix...
what should i do?
(he's 11 months)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just use regular hair gel. I like suave's professional styling gel in extra hold. I just put a dime-sized amount it in my son's hair immediately after bath, while it's still wet, and style it with his soft-bristle brush. It holds the style very well, and doesn't get hard and crunchy. His hair looks natural and feels soft, even when I have it spiked up in a mohawk. Really, most hair gels are fine to use. I'm not crazy about the idea of using hairspray because it can get into the eyes by accident. I also avoid the ones with alcohol. Too drying.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 9:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My son had a mohawk last summer and I dont remember the name of it but we bought it at Clair's Boutique in the mall and it was a lime green bottle. Stayed up perfectly dried hard, but it looked smooth not crusty, and washed out well with soap but not water only. Ask someone who works ther they really didnt have a big variety. Sot hey should know just what you are talk9ing about.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:28 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• my son got a mohawk for the first time at 11 months we use gel
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Aussie gel...it's in a tube that's purple and yellow, instant freeze sculpting gel...it's like $3 at walmart
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 4:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• gel/hairspray just cover up his face
    Anonymous

• I used his baby aveeno moisturizing cream, any moisturizing cream should work, just do it while his hair is wet
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 4:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i use his baby lotion
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 8:44 AM on Mar. 21, 2009