Can babys get diareha from I know they can from teething but what about ear infections or a cold with runny noses?

I am asking because my 14 month old has had it for about 3 days maybe a week. She is on antibiotics for the ear has been for 2 days now. She does go constantly but when she does go is runny and sometimes watery.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They can get diarrhea from teething and ear infections. But, if it started after she was given the antibiotic could also be a reaction to that.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 4:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• yes it can give her diarrhea
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Im going to have to agree with mama it could be any of the above.
    TalindasMommy

Answer by TalindasMommy at 5:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Start feeding starches and carbs as soon as you start antibiotics! lol I've always done that just to have some control!

However, yes, the mucous from colds can give them loose bowels or even diarrhea. All that mucous draining into their stomach has to go somewhere.....and better down than up!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• TICCLEDBLUE that is so very true lol
    Anonymous