should i look into this more?

ok... My daughter had no hair in the back as a baby (she is 3). By last summer it had all grown in :) and now it seems to be falling out. it started in the back but it looks as if its working its way up. should i be worried? first I thought it was her hats, so i changed the winter hats but it only got worst since then. some co workers of mine said i should take her to the dr because it could possibly something fungal.
anyone have any idea what this may be from? i just don't want to make unnecessary trips to the dr. just for her to say it will grow back

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ringworm in the scalp can cause hair to fall out. Do you see any type of flaking or dry looking skin on her head?

If thats it then she will need strong antibiotics to get rid of it.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I would I dont know of any reason non medical a kid would loose her hair
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• no, i know what ring worm look slike... and im the only 1 who does her hair, so i would def notice something like that. what else ya got for me??? :(
    Anonymous

• I am not sure exactly what ringworm on the scalp looks like, but I would assume you would see irritated skin of some kind.

I cant think of anything else except for ringworm or simple rubbing it off. Which she should be past, usually only babies do that b/c they lay on their heads so much.

Have you noticed her pulling at it or anything? Does it seem to bother her at all?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Following are the major causes responsible for hair fall among children:

1. Telogen Effluvium of kids: A severe shock, trauma and emotional distress can cause hair loss among children. Though this is usually a temporary loss of hair. Even very high fever could contribute to this type of hair loss. Although follicles prove resilient when Telogen Effluvium strikes, the follicle's efficiency to regenerate hair get affected permanently. And in the long run, it facilitates permanent hair loss with aging.

2. Trichotillomania of kids: Well, this condition results in partial hair loss. This type of hair loss is unevenly spread over the scalp. It may also affect eye brows. The disease is defined as constant urge of kids to pull their own hair. This habit is usually an outcome of fear psychosis. So the root cause of problem needs to be addressed to cure Trichotillomania.

3. Tinea Capitis- The disease is also known as ringworm of sca
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• nope, nothing unusual. that's what made believe that it was her hat.
    hopefully that is the problem, but then why only the back>>>> im not sure.
    but yea, i would recognize a ring worm or anything out of the ordinary.
    when it comes to her, i would probably notice a missing eye lash :)
    Anonymous

• I found this on a web site, I just thought you might like to read it.

I would take her to the Dr. probably.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Oh sorry, just noticed the rest didnt get pasted, hang on.
    mom2twobabes

• 3. Tinea Capitis- The disease is also known as ringworm of scalps. This fungus propelled hair fall complication is a major contributor of hair loss among kids. It's a transmissible disease. Kids suffer from this type of hair loss but hardly realize that their scalp is afflicted with this fungus. Till the time parents notice it, the damage to follicles is already done. However this type of hair fall is curable and kids below ten must be saved against it.

4. Traction Alopecia of kids: Kids happen to be very careless and negligent towards hair and they put hair to various types of physical damage that could be a cause of hair fall among kids.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• :) There is the rest.

It just said those were the most common reasons.
    mom2twobabes