For those completely against abortion: what is you opinion on this?

What is your opinion on medically necessary abortions? For example the chances of the mother dying during pregnancy are greater than surviving. What if the mother already has living children? Would that change the answer?
I am completely against abortions myself. This is something I have always wondered about. I am thankful I haven't had myself put in this situation. I don't know what I would do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I can't say what others should do in a situation like this. I do know how I would choose though. I would leave it in God's hands. I do have older children and would feel horrible about choosing a path that could end up with them growing up without a mother. But I am a mother to all my children no matter how small or young. I could never choose to end one of their lives to save my own.
    That is just how I would choose.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 4:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i am against abortion also big time its not birth control but if it was medical then i can see it needing too be done my other kids come first they need a mother here with them not dead
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 4:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• ive honestly never heard of a medically necessary abortion before . if there was chance for the mother to die if becoming pregnant then she should had been smart and been on birth control or had her tubes tied .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• MrsOwen there have been many cases where the mother has had to make a choice in a situation like this. I personally know someone who did. The doctors discovered cancer in her AFTER she became pregnant. They were almost positive that she and her baby would die if they didn't do treatment on her right away. She choose to abort her baby and start treatment.
    Most cases of this the mother did NOT know beforehand that she was putting her life at risk before getting pregnant. To imply that they must have been stupid is ignorant and very rude! Please do your research before sitting up on your high horse thinking you are smarter than everyone else.
    Anonymous

• i didnt say stupid and i said i honestly never heard of it so dont go off calling me rude just because i have never heard of it . and sorry usually people know if they shouldnt get pregnant . you were the rude one . i am not on a high horse . all i said was I NEVER HEARD OF IT . im sure you have heard of everything? right ok .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• and i am sorry but she asked for an opinion that happens to be mine . why not answer the question at hand instead of picking at someone elses opinion . and yes it even says in the title what is your opinion .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• "i have never heard of it . and sorry usually people know if they shouldnt get pregnant ."

Try googling Medically Necessary Abortions. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are over 600,000 hits. And you are the one who is wrong MOST women who face medicallly necessary abortions DO NOT know beforehand that they are at risk. So quit talking shit about what you don't know. It is funny how people can have opinions on subject they are so unaware of.
    Anonymous

• i am way way against abortion! The only way i could find it "ok" is if the mom was going to die and if one pregnacy was going to kill her then she need to get her tubes tied and she need to adopt...and if it is a raped baby/kid in any other cases if you dont want your baby give it away and close your freaking legs
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 5:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• why would i google it i dont care . why cant i give my opinion ? and you just leave it at that ?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• If you don't care and you don't have a valid opinion than move on to another question.
    Anonymous