Internet dating...

Who's guilty of it? I'm sure almost everyone has flirted with someone online..
I have a friend though that has taken it to the extremes ( having NEVER met this guy) she is telling him she loves him, can't live without him etc etc.. is she just crazy like I think she is, or is this a "normal" internet dating thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• well i dont believe it would be normal to tell anyone you love them if you aint even met them in person...
    as for meeting guys online, its becoming more normal and acceptable now. i met my guy online 10 months ago, and i was scared to tell anyone. but im over it. but you have to actually MEET to fall in love., otherwise you are in love with the idea, the fantasy....
    pammd

Answer by pammd at 5:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Its not a bad thing I don't think. Your friend sounds kinda crazy tho lol. I mean I've met some really great guys on the internet before though and I'm actually supposed to meet up with one this weekend. We've been talkin for awhile and he finally wants to meet me. I'm kinda nervous but excited at the same time.
    Anonymous

• anon5:10 good luck! i know its kinda scary. but it can work out!
    pammd

Answer by pammd at 5:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i met my husband on plentyoffish.com, i dont think its a bad thing at all. i just didnt get out alot and meet people and im so happy i found him i wouldnt change a thing
    Anonymous

• i am so guilty of it lol
    Anonymous

• I believe you can fall in love with the essence of whom you believe that person to be. Yes it happens all the time which is why I tell my friends and family to be guarded. They may not be who they say they are. Then again they may. I met my SO like that. I cyberdated for years until he found me.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I met a couple guys that are in the army one wants me to meet with him and the other is in hawaii at a camp and jus asked me out. Idk what to do or say lol. HELP!
    Anonymous

• I met my hubby online. We talked for a long time before we met. I do believe you can have feeling for someone you meet on the internet. You spend so much time talking, you can really get to know the person. I don't believe you have to see a person to have feelings for them. Looks shouldn't matter in the least, it's what's inside that matters.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 5:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Aw nvm, I'm anon 5:10 and I guess he doesn't after all because he thinks I'm younger than my real age.
    Anonymous

• It can happen, something can suddenly go Ping! inside after you've been chatting on line and sharing your thoughts and getting to know someone. :-)
    Anonymous