Need some advice.

I just had my first child in January. He is now 7 weeks old. I was just wondering do you think it's better to have your children close together or farther apart? I was wanting to have mine relatively close together, but my MIL and my own mother seem to think I shouldnt wait any longer than a year between them. My MIL wants me to start trying again when my first is 6 months old!! I was just wanting some opinions or advice from people who have kids close in age.

Ebony83

Asked by Ebony83 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• close together i think
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• wait till the baby is atleast one
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Same situation, only my lil girl just turned four months.

I've decided to wait.

:chuckle:

I think you need to base it on what you want most...do you think you can handle two small children so close together? If so, go for it...if not, perhaps wait a couple of years.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 5:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My opinion? Wait to try until your oldest is at least a year.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• wait at least a yr... a docs recomadation on waiting... but to have them close to me is easer. i am the oldes of 4 i am 20 my sis is 14.
    i got twin boys who are 20 months and talking about trying for a girl
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Well I had my first and my hubby was so ready like right after that to have another. I was able to hold him off until my fist was 6 months old, then I got pregnant with my second......so they are really close together and I think it was the best thing EVER. They are best friends and just perfect for one another.....I can see the girls both getting into some major trouble in their teens BUT I will deal with that when it comes.
    I think close together is the way to go, and had I known I was going to love it so much I may have had the second one closer like after my first like my hubby wanted.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I ONLY HAVE ONE, RIGHT NOW. BUT I AM GOING TO WAIT UNTIL MY SON IS ABOUT 6OR 7 SO HE CAN HELP ME WITH THE BABY. I FELT IT WAS VERY DIFFICULT WITH ONE AND IF I HAVE ANOTHER ONE CLOSE TOGETHER IT IS MORE DIFFICULT, WITH A ONE YEAR OLD AND A NEWBORN. REALLY THINK ABOUT IT. THE TERRIBLE TWO'S I HEARD ARE THE WORST.
    js3mommy

Answer by js3mommy at 7:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Well I was going to wait until my first was 2 then try for another baby. Well, that's was changed when I got prego with my little baby girl when Brayden was 4 or 5 months I can't remember. It was pretty hard at first but gradually got so much easier. They play together and get eachother so great because they are only 13 months apart. I would have to say I like my children being close together. Get it all done all at once!!!LOL I want another baby now but my husband wants to wait about 2 more years. We will see how that goes!!LOL If you have a great family back bone behind ya then go for it do it now!!!!! It's so much fun and all kinds of stress all at the same time!!! I love it......
    Lovemybrayden

Answer by Lovemybrayden at 11:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Oh yeah I can't imagine haveing a newborn with a 2 year old around!!! I would pull my hair out!!!LOL Brayden was 1 year and a month when Jolie was born and he didn't care one bit about the baby he just wanted to play!!!LOL Now being that he is 2 he would freak out to the max!!!! That's just me though!!!!LOL
    Lovemybrayden

Answer by Lovemybrayden at 11:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2009