cell phone plans

i am looking for a new cell phone carrier and i was just wondering if you had any suggestions, its just one line and i want it to be under 50 a month if possible, i was thinkin about going with boost mobile because they have the 50 a month unlimited everything plan. but i want some input on what you think..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• alltel has good service, and they can be cheap. and they are integrating with verizon, so they have very very good coverage
    Anonymous

• I've never had anything but cingular (now AT&T) since i got our cells in 2003. Its service is great in the area i live in. But i don't know much about there individual plans. We are on the family plan 2 lines and my last bill was $118.44 and that includes text messaging on both phones. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• I have Verizon DH is Cingulair/AT&T. His phone is through work. They both get about the same reception except in remote areas, I get better. He drops a lot more calls than I do though. He is really frustrated w/ Customer Sefvice..I've never had an issue.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Check and see if you can get Cricket... It's unlimited everything for $45/mo

www.MyCricket.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I have alltel, but your not going to find a plan that cheap. Maybe if you buy the minutes as you go, but I went under contract so I could get the phone I wanted.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I have alltel and the cheapest plan they have is 39.99 plus tax and I really like them.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Unlimited everything is great if you have "bars" so to speak. It really depends on WHERE you live. We live in Maine, in the city. The ONLY service that works throughout the state is Verizon. Cingulair/AT&T, boost mobile and tracFone drop calls constantly. I yelled at Cingulair/AT&T customer service until they let us out of our contract and we have been with Verizon now for 3 or 4 years. Our bill is around $120 a month for 3 lines, txt on 2 phones and web on one and of course they all have the free features like voice mail, caller ID bla bla bla. We removed our home phone because we never used it, one phone was for my sister 45 minutes away and we share the 750 minute plan and we've never gone over - which floors me! I'm on my phone all the time, but most of the people I know throughout the country have Verizon. I guess it depends on if you are just going to use it here and there or if you plan on being on the phone 24/7.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 12:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I use Verizon but we have a family plan so we pay more than $50 a month. We've never had a problem with service unless we're out in the middle of nowhere. Haven't had a dropped call in a long time. My mom works for AT&T and I would never go with them. They are crappy to their employees and she says that customer service is not their number one priority. In fact, it's not even number two. My mom doesn't work in the cellular part, but directory assistance and she says all the higher ups care about is getting people off the phone in as little time as possible, which ends up making their customer service worse and worse as time goes on.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• For which location do you need?
    Better way you to consult with any local phone shop.
    Before choose your carrier,try to get answer the following questions.
    • How good is the coverage area where you plan to use the phone most?
    • Are there any activation fees?
    • Are there expiration dates on the minute cards?
    • Are anytime minutes more expensive than nights and weekends?
    • Is long distance included?
    • Are there roaming charges?
    After getting your plan,Make sure your current phone is accept that carrier,If it's locked by single network means,You will need to unlock it to work with your new prepaid Sim card.For unlocking visit [url=http://www.simpleunlocking.com/supported-phones/rs16wp7/]SimpleUnlocking.com[/url] and you can get free phone unlock instructions from [url=http://www.mobileunlockguide.com/]MobileUnlockGuide.com[/url] Once unlock it,you will be able your new carrier when you need.
    puppychellam

Answer by puppychellam at 3:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2013