What age--Exersaucers, baby jumpers, etcs

What age is good to get a exersaucer, door frame jumper, or jumperoo? My son is 18 weeks and is pretty good at holding his head up..

ALSO what is the best: exersaucer, jumper, jumperoo, door frame jumper (lol I never realized how many different variations there is to the simple baby jumping concept---if you could explain the difference and how one is more benfical than the other that would be great!!)
What brand is the best (and not so expensive?)?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started putting my daughter is exersaucers when the was 4 months and could hold thier head by them selfs and almost sit by themselfs.
    Anonymous

• I like the excersaucers, they dont get in the way as much as something hanging in your door way. And you can push it around with the baby in it if you need to mnove it. There are some pretty inexpensive ones at like walart and such. I started putting my kids in them at about 4 months, and they all did well. Just keep an eye onhim, if he can't sit up really and is falling over in it then maybe wait another week or so and try again, but he should be readdy any day now if not yet.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• mine was 4 months when we got him his.
    he doesnt seem too interested in his excersaucer
    my mom got him a door frame jumper and surprisingly he really likes it.
    the excersaucer is really neat though but was kind of expensive he'll probably [hopefully] pay more attention to it when he's older.
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I have an exersaucer but it is one that is on bungee cords so it bounces and is an exersaucer. I really like the Baby Einstein one I got because it has lots of space for you to add rings with toys attached. It was really nice to be able to switch out toys - variety keeps them entertained for longer.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i gto my son an exersauser at about 3 months. i got the evenflo 3 in one. it cost $175 i think but it can be used for a long time. check at walmart
    misspierce

Answer by misspierce at 5:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• At about 4 months, we bought our dd a Fisher Prices Rainforest Jumperoo and she LOVED it. She is now about 8 1/2 months and still loves it!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I put my baby in an exersaucer and walker at four months, jumeroo she started at 5 months. Once they can hold their head up and sit supported you can go ahead and put them in it. For walker I have the safety first princess walker it was $49. For the exersaucer is an Evenflo mega tea party it was $59. For the jumeroo it's fisher price rainforest it was around $80. They have boy versions of the safety first walker and the exersaucer.
    kaosgirly8403

Answer by kaosgirly8403 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2009