• In the Spotlight:

exercise ideas

I need a few things before summer starts. 1) to lose 30 lbs 2) to find the motivation to do it and 3) ideas on how to do it and make it fun!!!!!! anyone have any of those things

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I love doing the walking excersise and they are really fun to do but you can do eveyrthing at your own past.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I use Turbo Jam and go to the gym. My motivation is the results. Recently I waited to weigh myself for 2 weeks. After that I tried on my "skinny" jeans and they fit! 2 sizes down! Not sure on how much weight I lost but I didnt care because it was awesome! If you are an addict about weighing yourself stop doing it! It will only bring you down. Keep your ultimate goal in mind while exercising and choosing what you're about to eat. And every time I exercise and feel like giving up I just think, just a little more. I can do a little more. Next thing you know I'm running faster and have a ton of energy.
    PirishRose

Answer by PirishRose at 8:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Sign up at livestrong.com for the food tracking--it is free:-) It is an eye opener:-) Also check out kettlebells--I love 'em:-)
    Anonymous

• Running will help with everything on your body. I am setting up goals by sighning up for the race for the cure, and I know that I need to train for the race. Your doing a good deed, your losing weight, and meeting other people that are healthy. Also try looking at fitness magazines, that always pumps me up! Good Luck!
    Londyns07mommy

Answer by Londyns07mommy at 5:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I started jogging around the neighborhood with my son. I couldnt even finish 15 mintues at first but now I can do 15 and I am now adding a minute each week. The time goes by much quicker then at the gym on the tread mill. Also I started taking classes. I tried a few and found my favorites are kickboxing (I NEVER thought I would like it) and free weights. I have lost over 15 lbs in a short time.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2009