Green goopy eyes

My DD, 14 months, has green goop in both of her eyes. She has a well Dr.'s appt on Monday but her Doc will see them sick on Sat. Should I take her in tomorrow or just wait 'til. Monday. she seems fine other wise no fever cough or anything like that.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 5:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Kids' Health

• she should be fine, get awarm washcloth and rub them from the inside out. It should help. My daughter does this alot during allergy season it blocks and inflames her tearducts keepin gher eyes clogged. If her eyes get really red (not just from her rubbing them) I would say maybe pink eye, but the green gunk sounds like allergies. Just keep wiping them out.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:28 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I would take her tomorrow. Could be pink eye, and that can get pretty nasty. Probably better to go soon than later.
    Anonymous

• No they are not red, just goopy.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yeah, it sounds like clogged tear ducts. All the doctor will do is (maybe) give you antibiotic eye drops. tell you to use a warm compress and more then likely, show you how to massage the tear duct open. Which is from the tear duct on the inside corner straight down the side of the nose. And as said earlier, keep it clean with a warm cloth.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 7:04 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• my DD is 14 months old now and when she was like 3 weeks old she started getting that. I took her into get seen they gave her meds didn't help so at 8 months they done surgery on her eyes to open the tear duct and she went in Wednesday because they are watering again so they gave her eye drops. So I am not sure if she has a clogged tear duct again or not but it sounds like your little one has a clogged tear duct. I would do what the one said above with the warm rag. Then make sure to let doctor know on Monday
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Thanks everyone for your input. I decided to wait until monday and mention it to the Doctor then, though I don't see how they could miss it. lol
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2009