Single moms please!!!!!

So this is the longest story ever and I am going to make it VERY short! If you had a huge fight with your SO and you broke up when the baby was 3 months old, she is now 6 1/2 months old and he hasn't tried to see her ONCE! yet sends me child support and we don't even have a court order! Now out of no where today he drives by my work 5 times! Then past her day care about 3! My attorney says just keep an eye out but I am paranoid! What on earth is this a hole up to?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would ask him. Maybe he wants to start seeing his baby. Talk to him and find out.
    Anonymous

• lol, sorry to laugh. I would think he might just be checking up on you , without looking desperate. He might have been not seeing her because he didnt want you to think he was trying to get back with you. Maybe he wants you back. Guys aren't the smartest, and while you're at home just keep everything locked, and if you're baby sleeps in a different room, try moving her crib in your room, or the living room and sleep on the couch, with a phone by you just in case of course.. If anything else seems out of the ordinary, maybe call him and ask him why he's doing it. There's no law saying you can't call your babies dad. And if it keeps happening call the police, especially if you are feeling threatened.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Sounds fishy, might be just he wants to see her, but I would play it on the safe side and go file for support, even if he is still paying, because that puts her legally in your custody, right now law allows him to go pick her up from daycare or anywhere you leave her unattended. Dont take the chance.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Just ask him. It sounds like he cares about his kid - at least enough to provide for her. Now he may want more.
    lanckn

Answer by lanckn at 5:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• ask him...i guess...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• If he is paying support (esp. without an order) then he sounds like a good guy and he deserves to see his child. You sound hostile towards him, so maybe he doesn't feel like you would let him see his kid.
    Anonymous