What seasonings do you use in the hamburger meat when making tacos?

We are cutting back on our salt intact and the prepackaged seasoning blend for tacos has wayyy too much salt in it. So, how do you season your meat for tacos?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I use some Cumin, Chili powder, paprika & some Black pepper! All to your Taste! We Love Tacos & season that way! You can Add+ some Taco Sauce too if you want! Hope it works Well for you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• 2 Tbsp. flour, 2 tsp. chili powder, 1 1/2 tsp. chopped dried onion flakes, 1 tsp. beef boullion, 1 tsp. paprika, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. sugar.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I add cumin, and a jar of salsa to mine, and simmer some of the water out. It's really good. You can add some diced green chilis too.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Look on Allrecipes I think it is Taco Seasoning II it is the best. My whole family loves it, and throw some goat cheese on those tacos and you will be in taco heaven!
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 9:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Sazon and Adobo. They are Goya products. ;)
    iluvmypreemies

Answer by iluvmypreemies at 1:40 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• onion or onion powder, cumin, ground oregano, chili powder, and garlic powder. I use MSG sometimes. It is lower in sodium than salt. you can also use Morton's lite salt.
    mrsspazspencer

Answer by mrsspazspencer at 6:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2009