Should I let my 15 yr. old daughter spend any time alone with her boyfriend,as in taking a walk to the park or downtown?

My daughter is fifteen, her boyfriend is the same age. Should I let them spend any time alone? Like walking around the town square or down to the park where theres other people around?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• It depends on the child.
    At 15 my boyfriend...now hubby were getting busy in my front room, and everywhere else we had the chance to not be alone.
    Anonymous

• i dont think its a big deal to let them go places alone. if you try to hold her back too much there is always the chance for rebelion. taking walks and things are good. i wouldnt let them hang at a house alone or anything though. just keep a close eye
    misspierce

Answer by misspierce at 6:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Downtown- maybe, Park- Oh, Hell no. Depending on the park, there maybe people around but there are also secluded areas. Trust me, I know.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• The chance to be ALONE
    Anonymous

• This is a tricky one. When I was 15 (not saying your daughter would do this) but I told my mom I was going tons of places that I wasn't really going to, just to have alone/makeout time with my boyfriend. Also I have had sex in a park...not when I was 15 mind you, but parks are no longer off limits for things like that anymore. I guess you just have to trust your own judgement and it all depends on how you feel about your daughter.
    Anonymous

• Let me put it this way... If they want to have sex they will weather you let them be alone or not. At 15 my bf and I were sneaking to the school library and screwing in the back room when the librarian was on break.
    Allowing them to take a walk together shows that you are able to trust them. And usually the parents that respect their teens will earn more respect from them. And are usually listened to more... My mother had me on total lock down. I was not alowed to talk to friends on the PHONE unless she was on the other line and could listen in... She told me who I could talk to and did not allow me to have friends over or allow me to go out with them... At 18 I was still not allowed. Some how though I had sex at least once a day from the time I was 14... She doesn't respect me and never earned my respect, so why should I ever care what she thought about anything.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• If you respect and trust eachother you will both be better off... Let her go!

• That is a judement call only you can make, you know her, him and the nature of 15yo people.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Do you trust the two kids? Not that that really matters. If they're going to do it unfortunantly, there's nothing you can do but myself? I wouldn't let my child alone but then she's not aloud to have a boyfriend yet either.
    Niecie

Answer by Niecie at 6:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• She has to show that you can trust her, so i would let her go. Tell her what time to be back,etc. She has to tell you where they are going. There is no way for you to learn to trust her if she isn't put in situations to earn that trust.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2009