What is your cause?

Cafemom has advertised about one mom who makes slings for drug addicted babies at a local hospital. Other moms support causes because it affects someone in their family. Some moms support local causes. Since my child is getting older I have found myself having a few more minutes of "free time" and I would like to get back into volunteering. As a teenager I use to voluteer at a homeless shelter. Here lately though I have had a strong urge to work with teen moms and/or pregnant teens. Unfortunatly they closed down our Teen Pregnancy Center. So, right now, I am torn between volunteering at a Women's Enrichment Center or at The Green House which is a home for severally abused children. I think next week I am going to volunteer at both to see which one is a more comfortable feel for me. I was just curious to see what causes you support or volunteer at.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 6:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• we do soup kitchens and help with the special needs after school program . i cant wait to not be on bedrest anymore so i can go again . my husband also donates money to the alzheimer's association his grandmother by the time she passed could barely remember her husband
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I'm doing walks for Autism when they're in my area. Once the kids are older and we can slow down with all the therapy appointments, evaluation appointments, doctor appointments and specialist appointments...I want to get more involved, though.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I don't do anything though I would love to. You made me want to look around and see what I can do to help.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• im an activist for march of dimes. working toward making preterm labor a thing of the past
    Anonymous