How rude!

I am so tired of this, my dad comes over whenever he feels like it, doesnt knock, comes at the worst times and always gets my kids all hyper when he is here, we have a small house and it is not good to have 3 hyper kids in the living room at once, then he will get on the phone and ignore the kids after he already has them hyper. Then he takes over the TV, turns it up loud as hell (he is partially deaf) and when he is done gets up and leaves without telling the kids goodbye. WHF is that! How long untill you would kick him out?

AK_aries

Asked by AK_aries at 6:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree-- either lock your doors, or take his key away. My in-laws used to pop in whenever until I hinted that without privacy, they weren't going to be getting any grandkids.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 6:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Sounds like Everybody Loves Raymond. I would start locking the door.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Lock the door so he has to knock. Be careful he is your dad.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• OMG....I wish my dad did that. He lives to far & I would love if my dad just stopped by to play with the kids no matter how hyper they get. I think you are so lucky. I would just tell him to say bye to the kids when he leaves. Let him know how it makes you feel. Other then that you are really lucky to be able to have your dad in your childrens life.

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 6:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.
    CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 6:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Lock the door so he must knock. Either he gets the hint or you get to ignore it if you dont feel like dealing with it.

If that doesnt work then lay out the ground rules of YOUR house. He doesnt like it too bad so sad.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2009