How do you evenn begin to take care of a kid in high school??

im 16 nd im 5 months and its really hard bein pregnant in high school cuz every1 is teasin u and tlkin about u behind your back and wen the baby comes my mom said me and the baby can stay at the house but i have to take care of my baby. i really dnt kno wat im going to do. so can some1 help me out.

lanlan

Asked by lanlan at 6:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You just have to look past what people say about you. We all have to grow up, you just have to do it a little sooner. Take parenting classes, sign up for WIC or whatever your community offers. Whatever you do, stay in school and get your diploma, take online college courses and get your education so that you can provide for your child. It will be the hardest thing youv'e ever had to do but one of these days you will look back and when you look at your child, it will all have been totally worth it.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• youll have to grow up . i did it i went to school worked and took care of my son . i also was able to graduate with my class. basically that means no friday nights out , most likely no football games. just school then baby . that is it it is hard but you can do it . you have to grow up fast .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Are there any parenting classes offered in your area? I would start there. Some other things to think about is are you going to finish school? If so, where is your child going to stay while you are at school? Do you have a part-time job now? Is your mom going to help you financially? There are a lot of things you need to prepare for what I think the main thing at this time is to get over the " everyone is talking and making fun of me behind my back" attitude. You screwed around and got pregnant, now it is time to take responsibility and grow up. Does your city have a Teen Resource Center? I would check there as well. Good Luck! If you need any questions answered or help finding resources you can message me. I give tough love but I am good at helping.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• you need too figure out what you want out of life ignore everyone else they are always going to talk shit about you no matter how old you are get used too it time too grow up and do what you have too get done
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 6:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• In the long run it doesn't matter if they tease you or make fun of you. Just keep a few close friends or family members to support you. You are making the best choice, so they make fun of you for saving a life and not killing one? So what. I have never been in that situation but there were pregnant girls in my class who did graduate. It won't be easy but you will have a precious baby, a child is for a lifetime. You won't regret it, even in the hard times "parenthood" is rewarding. Just graduate, whatever you need to do, graduate for your future and your childs future. It is possible. Call around and get help with supplies and maybe counseling. meet with other teen Moms whith GOOD advice to give... hang in there, it will be okay
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Only thing to do is grow up. That's the easiest way to put it. I had my daughter at 16, now I am 17. What I did was talk to my parents about letting me do online homeschooling so I could be home with my daughter AND get my education. It's not cheap, but you could consider it.
    Anonymous

• I wont lie it will be hard. I had my 1st son at 17. I was in charge if everything to do with him. I got up in the middle of the night I fed him. I didnt have a car so my mom drove us to the Dr and such, and his dad helped out financially. I would go get on WIC if you dont plan to breastfeed they will help with formula untill you can get on you feet. But you can do this. I know it sounds scary, but when you have ababy ou do things for that child you never knew you were capable of before, and you do it without thinking just vbecause you love him and you want him to be taken care of. Try to find resources in your area that can help, there are groups that get young moms together with older moms who have been there done that ki8nd of thing and can help. Good luck to you.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• should had thought of that before having sex ... did you think your parents were going to take care of your child? its time to grow up ... look in to parenting classes
    Anonymous