How do i help with the swelling in my hands, feet, face ect...

Ericas1st

Asked by Ericas1st at 6:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hands and face if it is really bad you need to say something to your dr . that is a possible sign of preeclampsia . other then that try a wamr compress on the swollen areas and decrease you salt intake
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I would get it checked if it is too bad
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I was told to eat a lot of watermelon (by the dr.) to help with my very swollen feet towards the end of pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• i was told to stop eating all salt- including processed meats and hot dogs and the such- no pre packaged foods or soups because they have too much salt and to drink lots of water to help decrease the swelling- good luck!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Eating salt increases fluid build up. Whenever you sit, sit with a stool under your feet - try to get your feet up higher than your heart, this should help with foot and leg swelling. But a lot of swelling all over your body rings a bit of an alarm bell, and I think you should see a doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 8:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Hands and face swelling isn't good.
    Go to the doctor right away to make sure you don't have preeclampsia.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 8:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2009