Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do get the father of this child to be to man up to the job of being a parent??

im 16 nd my ex is 18 he has a job he is in the 12th grade he lives with his grandma who is freakin loaded with money so he doesn't even need a job and he refuses to take care of the baby and i dnt even want the money i just want him back in my life to be there for our baby. tell me wat i should do!!


Asked by lanlan at 6:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • You cant force a spem donor to be a father. If he doesnt want to be in HIS childs life, then you can not force him to be.... however, you say you dont want the money? Why? You are 16 and pregnant, in high school.... you need the money, take him to court and if he wants visitation he can then get it.

    Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • you cant make him take care of his child if he doesnt want to. Sorry but thats the price you pay when you get pregnant at a young age and your not married most men arnt ready to be daddys at that age and wont be around. If they do come around its usually a few years down the road after the child is born. I suggest you forget him and take him to court for child support since he is 18 and if he wants visitation set something up. The court can help you do that.

    Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • You cant make someone do something they dont want to do, that is the bottom line.The grandma being loaded with money has ZERO to do with you or your baby, that is her money and that is NOT her baby.
    The only thing you can do is go to court and try for child support, but you can NOT force a connection between your baby and the father, it will never work.

    Answer by LimoMOM5 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • Oh yeah and because you are 16 and he is 18....if you go to court for child support he will most likely be charged with sex crime of having sex with a minor, then he will have to register as a sex offender.

    Answer by LimoMOM5 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • unfortunately, you are not able to force someone to be a parent no matter if they are male or female. If they are forced into it they are going to be horrible at it which is usually bad for the kid. My husband was not ready to be a dad when our first child arrived, and so I did everything. Once Eli (child) was about a year old DH realized that Eli was pretty cool after all and became a great dad (not over night though)

    Answer by vbongard at 7:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • You can't force him, so don't even try. You can take him to court for child support and you must do that. Be warned that you won't get any of grandma's money, that is hers. I suggest you forget about daddy dearest and move on. Raise your child on your own and don't worry about daddy, he's not worth it.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • limo- why would u even say taht do u even know what BS me and my dh have to go thru bc of his sex offender registry because of that. we cant even get an apt in a complex. we had to buy a house.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2009