do you think GED is low class or do you think atleast they are trying?

I am just asking cause a mom on here told me since i have a GED that people look down on it what do you think. ( not even bashing)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I learned so much more in GED classes than I ever did in High School.
    Things that I had been struggling with for years in High School, I learned immediately in GED.
    I think it's convenient for people who quit school and change their mind when they're older.
    They really teach you and start you out simple and build up your skills.
    I went because I quit school. School was horrible for me.
    Anonymous

• that is bull crap a GED is looked at by employers and universities as just as good as a high school diploma.. i say good for you at least you were like some well most of this country just dropping out and say forget about it . dont let stupid people bring you down .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Both
    Anonymous

• employers look at you just the same.

the military doesnt

and people wont...because there are rude people out there who think if your not like them then your nothing.

=] GED looks pretty great to me
    xoJessyxo

Answer by xoJessyxo at 7:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I say good for you atleast you didnt just drop out and give up. Jobs and colleges both look at GED like they look at a diploma its the same thing. you just didnt get a pretty little diploma stating what school you attended.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• No, why would people look down on you for it? A GED isn't just a hand-out, or an easy ticket. You really have to work. I don't see why people would look down on you for it. You're not distracted by tons of other peers, you don't have to pay an arm and a leg just to graduate (like public school). You have a lot more one on one help since the class rooms aren't jam packed with only one, stressed out teacher. There's nothing wrong with it at all. Some people are snoots.
    Anonymous

• the military does too i joined the army and i have a GED you just have to score higher on the tests then most people do
    Anonymous

• I think a GED is a good achievement. It shows willingness. You can get into community college classes with a GED. If you want to get more education, such as a Associate of Arts or certificate, a GED will allow you to do that. Is a high school diploma preferred? Yes.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Hey at least they got their diploma. Thats what I always think. They wanted it, they tried, they got it...good for them.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Hmm, to be honest - When I hear of someone getting their GED I think at least they back on track for the GED. High school is a strange time and not everyone excels in that environment! I would also look, though, for signs that the person sought more education than just the GED. My brother, for instance, has a GED but he also took courses specifically about computers while he was looking for a IT related entry level job....
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 8:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2009