how can you tell if your going to have back labor?

I went to the docs and she had an ultrasound done and the baby's face was up, but I'm wondering if there is a chance that she could turn around in which case I would get back labor. Is there? Im 39 wks along and my back is killing me more than it has the entire pregnancy!!

xoJessyxo

Asked by xoJessyxo at 6:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if her face is up thats when you have a higher chance of having back labor because the biggest part of the head is pressing on your tailbone. You want her to look twds your back and most babys rotate when you go into labor some however dont and thats whats going to cause a hard labor.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• idk good question i have been having back labor cant wait to see your answers.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yes, dont give up hope. A babd can turn in the middle of labor. But this is the cause of back labor cause the top of baby head is pushing your tail bone out straight. First check out spinningbabies.com , there is alot of stuff on there. Also get on your hands and knees and arch your back for a few seconds, like to the count of 8 and the drop your belly again, do this for 10-12 times, whenever you can and especially if you have braxton hicks do it when they are happening. Get a bed sheet and have your husband / SO put it under your belly while you are onj your hands and knees and sift it, pulling one side up and then the other, it will help to jiggle baby. What you are essentially trying to do is get baby to move up a little so that when he comes back down it is in the proper position. I donmt have alot of room here but if you want more advice message me. I am a childbirth doula and I have tons of tricks for this very thing.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I don't remember what position my second was in before and during but I had a lot of back pain all through pregnancy and had back labor.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 7:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• my daughter was face up for 2 weeks before i had her.I had terrible back pain. And when i went into labor,they did an ultrasound and she still hadnt turned. Try laying on one side for like 30 mins then switch to the other side. They and me do that when i was in the hospital having her which almost worked but she insisted on coming out face up. (it also makes a lil harder to push the baby out along with the terrible back labor)
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 9:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2009