• In the Spotlight:

Anyone else have a 'monthly' energy zap? any ideas?

I really don't get very "PMSy" at all. mostly just inconceivably TIRED. I feel like the walking dead. It starts a few days before my period and continues all throughout my period. I can barely roll out of bed. It's like when I was 7 months pregnant with my 3rd child and had a 1 yr old and 2.5 yr old at home, too.

I can get housework done or anything.
Anyone elese truggle with this? What do you do?

Kiter

Asked by Kiter at 6:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Health

• But I think each woman deals with her cycle differnetly and that's OK. If your body says to sleep that week...go for it! The week before, make sure you get the house extra clean so it can take a week of neglect, have the boys do a few extra chores that week and don't sweat it. Brian is a great Hubby, I'm sure he doen't complain about it. Do crock pot meals so the don't require much tending, have bread baked and in the freezer, and grocery shop beofre the sleepies hit. It's all good! Hope you can make it!
    Kristy
    babygirl96

Answer by babygirl96 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I do!!! I swear I could sleep 23 hrs a day and still be tired. I haven't found anything that helps yet. I even asked the doctor if my iron level would drop that much to make me tired. He didn't really know. I try to stay busy, I don't seem to get tired as much. But when I stop for the evening, I could fall asleep in seconds.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Are we the only two?

I feel like such a bad mom & wife. every month for a week NOTHING gets done! atleast my kids are old enough I can tell them to clean and cook a bit..LOL.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 10:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• You aren't the only two! I get a bit more tired, but it doesn't sound like as bad as what you are dealing with. Now, when I was pregnant, that' a whole other story~I can barely function for the first trimester. But during my period, a bit more tired, but much more emotional and 'needy' which I HATE and cover up as much as possible. One of my sisters is one of the women that blames everything on her cycle, whether or not she's actually having it or even close to it...so ANNOYING! I think my period is MY private deal and should not be on the news for everyone to know about...LOL! Her son told me one time that he never even knew when I had mine and I took that as high praise...LOL! I just think it makes women look bad to broadcast it to the world...no wonder men think we are weak and incapable...oops, soory, I got lost on a tangent there for a minute. I DO get tired more easily so I plan for more sleep and less chores that week..
    babygirl96

Answer by babygirl96 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• The week before I am extremely hungry and more tired than usual. I have never dealt with bad symptoms of PMS until the past few months. I get really really uncontrollably crabby. I lose my patience very easily and am super emotional. (One of my other girl friends describes this stage as "homicidal".) I don't know if my body chemistry is suddenly changing, if it is PMDD, or if I am just tired in general, so at that time of the month being even more tired takes its toll. For me everything seems to be related to sleep... or lack thereof.
    MamaOfB

Answer by MamaOfB at 2:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Some days I can barely lift my limbs off the bed. let alone have the energy to walk to the kitchen..

I can help the boys with their home schooling much at all, or even makse sure things get done. But it worked to take vacation next week. no school. So that'll be nice.

BUT- my Monthly Migraines are SO much milder here in California.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 2:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2009