teeth

On monday i have to get an impacted wisdom tooth removed. Im nervous but im sure ill be fine but my fear is my fiance works 5pm-1am tues-thurs my mom and MIL said DD could go there at night till he gets home so i dont have to worry and so i can take my pain meds (they knock me outttt) well my mom wakes at 530am for work and his mom gets up at like 6 for work. I feel so bad for them and i just dont know what else to do. Also i co-sleep and i know i cant take my meds and have her with me and im not sure what to do my fiance refuses to sleep alone with her (he sleeps too deep) any suggestions? 1 last thing have any of you had this done, what was your recovery time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Recovery is different for each person. I had mine removed when I was 17. I looked like a chipmunk and couldn't open my mouth more than enough to put a straw in, for a week.
    My husband had his removed when he was 25 or so. He was back at work with no problems or swelling the next day.

Don't assume you'll need pain medication that strong. Try Aleve first.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:20 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I agree with trying Aleve as a pain med. I had a horrible experience with my wisdom teeth. I had two that were fully impacted, and two that were partially impacted and infected. It was horrendous!!! And I still was recovered within a week. so you should be fine. I wouldnt stress too much
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I got my wisdom tooth out and I didnt have to wait but 4 minutes in recovery its really not as bad as it may seem...and I didnt even take ANY pain meds because it really didnt hurt like everyone said it would..
    TalindasMommy

Answer by TalindasMommy at 7:48 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I had mine out a few months ago. I got dry socket and it hurt really really bad. It was up there with childbirth. Pain meds wouldn't touch it. My Mom came in town and slept with my son. He was sleeping with us at the time. I also pumped in advance in case I did need pain meds. I didn't end up having enough milk since I had not planned on getting dry socket, so we had to give him formula for a couple of days. It took about 8 or 9 days to recover. I'm sure it'll be fine for you though. I know many people who are back at work/school the very next day, no problem. GL
    RomansMom25

Answer by RomansMom25 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2009