30 weeks pregnant

i had my ultrasound and the baby is measuring 33 weeks and weighs 4 1/2 lbs already. do you think the baby will come in about 4-6 weeks or 8-10? hes in the 85th percentile

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• doesnt matter how big your baby is . you may still go full term . also measurements on ultrasound can be off by 1 pound or 2 . im 35 weeks tomorrow and at 33 weeks i was measuring 36 and my baby was close to 4 lbs then .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• size of baby has nothing to do with when you deliver. Some babies are just big babies and some babies are just smaller babies. Im 34wks and my little guy is on about 4lbs 9oz. He could still come early or he could choose to hang out in there for several weeks.
    Be patient he will come when hes ready.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Those measurements are so inaccurate. I know so many people that were told they were going to have 10lb babies and they had average size babies.
    Go off you original E.D.D. because you will be disappointed if the new one is wrong. Just be prepared either way and know your baby will com when ready.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 7:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• you never know by the measurements...plus, they're never really accurate.

at 28 weeks i was measuring 35 so supposedly this baby is "big" but, i'll believe it when I see him.

they said my daughter was going to be 9 pounds, she was 7.5.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2009