HAS ANY BODY PURCHASED THE YOUR BABY CAN READ PROGRAM?

IT SEEMS LIKE A VERY GOOD PROGRAM BUT I DONT KNOW ANYONE THAT HAS TRIED IT? SO I AM A LITTLE HESITANT. IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE SO BEFORE I PURCHASE IT I WANTED SOME FEEDBACK?

js3mommy

Asked by js3mommy at 7:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have not but i am looking into it
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• It's nothing you can't do without the actual program. It's really only flashcards and videos.
    Anonymous

• Don't buy it. I fell for it and have regretted spending the money. The program is not phonics based. Phonics is the best way to learn to read. Baby Can Read has low quality DVD's. My son was bored stiff after watching them only a few times. The creator of them suggests confining the child and possibly even darkening the room to prevent distractions while the child is watching the program. A captive audience. My son just rolled around on the floor and fussed after awhile. He didn't learn a thing! Besides, they say NO TV other than their show for best results. Can you go without TV in your family? I doubt it if you have a hubby and other kids!

My son has learned so much more from the LeapFrog DVD's "Talking Letter Factory" and "Talking Word Factory". Forget Baby Can Read and get those instead. Check out the fantastic reviews on them at Amazon.com
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Waste of money
    Anonymous

• Waste of money, time and effort.

It teaches them to memorize the look of a word. How is that helping them read? How is that helping them to learn to spell and sound out words which go along with reading? IT ISN'T.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:08 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I bought it but have only used it for about a month...so don't know yet. I don't see what's so bad about it. She watches the whole DVD. its about 20 min. long.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2009