does anyone have any tips on concieving? me and my husband have been trying for 4 years now. nothing seems to be working. did you have problems? if so what worked for you?

amanru8

Asked by amanru8 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you both had a exam to make sure all is working well and all your levels are fine??
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• YOU SHOULD STOP THINKING ABOUT IT SO MUCH. I WOULD OBSESE ABOUT IT, AND WOULDNT THINK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE. WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT, IT WILL HAPPEN. IT TOOK US TWO YEARS.
    js3mommy

Answer by js3mommy at 7:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• We tried to conceive for five years. I had our son at 40 years old.
    I found out how to chart my temperature to determine my fertile days.
    I discovered I had estrogen dominance and started progesterone therapy.
    I also had a dye test on my fallopian tubes and discovered one is blocked.

I recommend the book, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" for very good advice on conceiving. (Go to Amazon.com for reviews!) Also, check out Dr. John Lee's website for more information on estrogen dominance and how to determine if that's your problem.

Good luck, and don't give up!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• yep..I'm with js3...same thing here..I kept wanting another baby and didnt want to wait so long .I was trying when my first daughter turned 1 and it took me until she turned 3 to finally get preg and that is because I gave up..I gave away all my things that I had for a baby and everything..and 2 week later I was 1 week 2 days preg..
    Anonymous

• No need to be bitches ladies. First of all if you know your fertile week then just try as much as you can during that time. Dont bother with tests etc until at least one year of trying when you are under the age of 30. After 30 years old after trying for 6 months you should go get tests done etc. I have been trying for 6 months with no luck yet. I am 29 and healthy. My husband is 32 and healthy. It takes time. And I KNOW that being patient is hard, everyone keeps telling me that it will happen, so keep your head up. You're just starting to try!
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• It took my husband and I 6 years to concieve. We went to a reproductive endocronogist and had test done. We found out his sperm morphology was low and I wasn't ovulating. My advice is to go to a doctor and get test ran.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 10:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• When you find out let me know. Me and DH will be trying for 4 years on the 31st of this month
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 12:40 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• 4 years seems long to me. I would see a Dr. We tried the second time for a year. We tried so hard to get pregnant and nothing. So we kind of gave up and didn't think about it and it just happened. The more you stress about it the less it seems to happen. A friend of mine has been trying for months just recently and I told her to relax it will happen when it is supposed to and then it did. Good luck. Hope it all works out.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 1:21 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Yeah you should go and see a specialist and have everything checked out. It took me and my husband four years to get pregnant. I found out i had PCOS and that was causing all the problems. I was put on fertility meds for a while. I got pregnant when my husband and I started spending a lot of quality time together. Maybe you should take some time to do something special with your husband to make you feel relaxed and connected. I know it's hard and very frustrating. It hurts to see everyone around you pregnant while you aren't. Month after month of negative pregnancy test just made me really sad that it would never happen.
    robibaby

Answer by robibaby at 5:32 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• We've been trying for 4 years now too. We went to the specialists and all they want to do is IVF...we tried Clomid (even though I was ovulating), and then Clomid and IUI, but still nothing. DH has low sperm count and the only treatment they want to do for that is IVF...totally frustrating
    Anonymous