My son is graduating in june but i might not be able to send him

My son is getting ready to graduate in June and he wants to go to a community college but then he is not sure. I am a single mom and have been applying for financial aid for him as i can not afford to send him on my income. If i cant get financial aid he wont be able to go. I feel awful. I feel that i will let him down. I wish i could be more positive that he will be able to go but i cant help wondering that iam going to let him down, i know he wants to furthur his education but he is pretending its no big deal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• He can get his own loans and his own help- community college CAN be afforded if you work part time as well. If he does well enough there- he can even get scholorships to fund his BA :) Have faith there are TONS of options out there!! It just takes a TON of research and sweat :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 7:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• There is always a way, when there is an eager student! I took out loans, anyone can get them, they are at a very low rate, and we are now paying them back. It stinks but its worth it to get a good education!!!!

You have not let him down as long as you are there with him searching for a way to get him there, just be proud he wants to go!!!

Support him and tell him together you two will find a way!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• If you can at least let him live with you while he works part time and goes to school it would be a huge help financially. Have him do some of the work too by applying for scholarships and at least getting a fafsa form out.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• What about asking your parents to help out. Education will give him a leg up in this world. When I hear stories like this I get so mad at our system. The way our economy is going now our children are going to pay in the future, they won't have the life styles we live & won't see half the things we got to see. How sad! Keep trying to get the money. I hope you get the Financial Aid. Good Luck.

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 8:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2009