Moms of 8 and 9 month olds....how many of you are still feeding your baby their bottles because they wont hold it?

I am just curious how many of you still need to do this with your LO's?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol, my daughter turned 11 mos old today and still will not hold her own bottle, she has just this week actually started to hold and actually drink from a sippy cup, but still wont hold her botte. My son was holding a sippy cup at about 9 mos and completely off the bottle at 14 mos. good luck...Ive been told not to worry they all have their own pace for doing things.
    SandyD78

Answer by SandyD78 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My son is 8 months old and I know he can hold it. He just doesn't want to. So we're still holding it for him.
    Anonymous

• my son is is 11 months tomorrow and still wont hold his own bottle
    luvmommy42208

Answer by luvmommy42208 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• my dd is 8 months, and basically off the bottle already, its funny because she'll hold her sippy like its no big deal, but the moment i put a bottle to her mouth she wont hold it! shes so lazy with the bottle lol thats why we just decided to go to the sippy
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 9:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• This is the poster- he wont take a sippy cup either! Just plays with it!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Feeding is intended to be a bonding time- you SHOULD continue holding his bottle for him. And holding a bottle is not a developmental milestone.

Just think, if you were breastfeeding, you would HAVE to hold him.
    Anonymous

• I have a 9 month old too and ped said its an issue when he doesnt hold his bottle by 9 months
    Anonymous

• I got my daughter off of the bottle by the time she was 1 as well. At 9 months I started giving her a sippy at lunch and snacks with juice or water. I started with the Nuby ones till she got the hang of them, and then at 11 months I taughter her how to use the Spill proof ones by showing her how to suck it out. It's rough at first, but stick with it and your baby will figure it out!
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i dont have to hold it for my LO. she is 8.5 and she has been holding it for what seems like forever. I don't hold it for her unless she is really tired or moving around too much. lol. she is very independent and wants to be on the go.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• also you can hold the baby and not hold the bottle. she gets plenty of bonding with me while she is feeding. it may not be a milestone, but my doctor always asked me if she was holding her bottle. and she likes to do it.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2009