hi,its been a wk since i had my CS operation. since the, i never go down stairs since my mom told me to stay only at the seconde floor of our house coz my wound from the operation might open. is it true? if so, how long can i stay here at the 2nd floor and when can i go down? you know, coz its kinda boring here, they just deliver food in my room, watch tv, walk ony at the 2nd floor and stayh with the baby.

one more thing, when can i have a real bath? you see, since i had my operation, i only had spongebath, or sometimes, i still need to cover the wound with plastc so it wouldn't get wet. thanks

mommylei1202

Asked by mommylei1202 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I showered at the hospital also. They told me to. I was also up and walking around and holding the baby the day I had my c-section. Not holding him and walking at the same time of course. But I was allowed to use stairs and everything once I got home 3 days after the c/s. Check your discharge papers It should tell you when u can return to normal activities.
    amygirl23

Answer by amygirl23 at 9:01 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I was up walking around and holding the baby the day I got home from the hospital.
    Everyone heals different so listen to your body.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• up to 6 weeks for most surgeries like that .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Do you have stiches or staples? I had dissolvable stiches and got to take a shower at the hospital and when I got home was able to walk up or down one time per day for about the first week. You might want to start trying to do the stairs. I'm surprised your not able to shower without covering it up?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Why on EARTH would being on the first floor cause your wound to open!? That's ludicrous!
    Anonymous

• you don't need to stay upstairs for 6 weeks. they want you to LIMIT your climbing and activites for a few weeks but for goodness sakes you can move around. Usually they put subcuticular stitches in that just dissolve in a little while so usually after a couple days you can take a shower. I was showering before I even left the hospital. You have to keep the wound clean. And they do like a 3 or 4 layer closure anyway, If you do have staples there's 3 more layers that are sutured. You're fine. Just take a shower and go downstairs. good grief!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I took a shower a day after my staples were removed which was 4 days post c/s. I just turned my back to the shower and had my husband help me. I didn't have second floor but when I discharged from the hospital, I was told to just be careful and take it slow.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I took a shower at the hospital with my staples in. My staples weren't removed for a week and I was climbing stairs after they were removed.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2009